Corn Chowder with Prosciutto and Sage
From Cook's Country
We began our search for velvety Corn Chowder with Prosciutto and Sage and unambiguous corn flavor with fresh corn. For depth, we cooked the onions and corn in the rendered fat from the prosciutto. This technique added toasty, slightly caramelized flavors to the corn and by extension, the chowder. Tasters preferred red potatoes in the chowder, which retained their shape and added a pretty gleam of pink. To thicken the chowder and intensify flavor, instead of a traditional flour and butter roux, we pureed canned corn with some chicken broth. This produced a golden, satiny chowder base with a vibrant fresh corn taste.
Serves 6 to 8
Be sure to save the cobs for the chowder.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists