Citrus-and-Spice Grilled Chicken
From Cook's Country
This long-time standard in Mexican taquerias has relatively recently made its way across the border. Chicken halves are left to soak in a mixture of sour orange, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, and warm spices like cinnamon and cloves, perfuming the chicken with a tangy, well-seasoned bite. Since sour oranges aren’t readily available across the U.S., we devised a substitute of orange zest, lime zest, and lime juice for similar zip. We also opted for using chicken parts to get the most marinade possible in each square inch of meat.
Serves 4 to 6
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists