From Cook's Country
Perfect to drizzle on apple dumplings, Cider Sauce was well worth the extra effort to prepare fresh before serving. We found we could do some of the prep work up to two days in advance if we reduced the cider mixture and refrigerated it. When we were ready to serve, we returned the mixture to a simmer, then whisked in butter and lemon juice off the heat.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
To make this sauce up to 2 days in advance, reduce the cider mixture until it measures 1½ cups, then refrigerate. When ready to serve, return mixture to simmer and whisk in butter and lemon juice off heat.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists