Chocolate Whipped Cream
In refining our Chocolate Whipped Cream recipe, we found that well-chilled cream whipped the most effectively. Chilling the bowl and the beaters as well as the cream provided extra insurance that the cream would stay cold enough to remain firm. Using confectioner’s sugar instead of granulated sugar helped stabilize the cream without pastiness, which kept the whipped cream silky and weep-free for longer. Adding the cocoa powder and the sugar in our Chocolate Whipped Cream recipe before whipping produced the most even texture. And of course, whipping cream too long can make it curdle, separate, or turn to butter—so it’s best to keep a close eye on it while beating.
Makes about 2 cups
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists