Chocolate Turtle Cookies
From Cook's Country
To prepare the dough for these Chocolate Turtle Cookies, we used the creaming method for a light, airy texture. We blended the sugar and butter (softened at room temperature) until the mixture was light and airy, which trapped air in the batter. At this point we incorporated the egg yolks and dairy, followed by the dry ingredients. We left the egg whites out of the cookie dough, as the water in the egg whites blended with the flour to form gluten, which made for tough cookies.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists