Chocolate Sugar Cookies
From Cook's Country
Making a chocolate version of our favorite chewy sugar cookie wasn’t as easy as simply stirring in some chocolate. When we added melted chocolate to the dough, the cookies lost their signature chew; unsweetened cocoa powder proved to be a better choice. To compensate for the added cocoa powder, we backed down on the flour until we found just the right balance: too much and the cookies were cakey, while too little produced crumbly cookies. Finally, stirring a portion of cold butter into the melted butter ensures that it’s not too warm when we add it to the dough.
Makes 24 cookies
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists