Chocolate Sheet Cake
From Cook's Country
Everybody loves a rich-tasting chocolate sheet cake. For an easy, foolproof, last-minute chocolate cake recipe, we just whisked together a few ingredients and baked. A low oven temperature and a long baking time produced a chocolate cake with a perfectly flat top, ready to be frosted.
Makes one 9 by 13-inch cake
Melting the chocolate and butter in the microwave is quick and neat, but it can also be done in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan containing 2 inches of simmering water. We prefer Dutch-processed cocoa for the deeper chocolate flavor it gives the cake. The baked and cooled cake can simply be served with lightly sweetened whipped cream or topped with any frosting you like.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists