From Cook's Country
It was best to underbake our Chocolate-Peppermint Sandwiches rather than risk overbaking, as they were best when moist and chewy. Using only a small amount of peppermint extract ensured that it didn’t overwhelm the chocolate flavor. To give the Chocolate-Peppermint Sandwiches a more festive feel, we dyed the filling either green or red.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen cookies
Don't overbake these cookies; they should be soft, moist, and chewy with a nice crinkly top. You can color the filling green, too.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists