From Cook's Country
For a play on one of our favorite treats, Andes chocolate mints, we turned to the candy itself to make our cookies rich and decadent. Our chewy chocolate cookie base relies on quick-melting chocolate chips for flavor and moisture. After removing the cookies from the oven, we top each one with an Andes mint while still warm. The residual heat melts the candy, turning it into a spreadable “frosting” to coat each cookie. After setting up, they’re a perfect fusion of cookie and candy.
Makes about 45 cookies
You’ll need two packages of Andes Mints for this recipe. This dough needs to chill for at least 1 hour before baking. A small, offset spatula makes it easy to spread the softened chocolate over the cookies.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists