Chocolate-Dipped Frozen Bananas
Inspired by a treat served at a local fair, we developed our own Chocolate-Dipped Frozen Bananas recipe. For the coating, we used semisweet chocolate chips and vegetable oil. The chips contain emulsifiers that promote successful melting and rehardening, while the vegetable oil ensured the chocolate won’t become brittle or tough once frozen. For a thick, smooth coat, we let the melted chocolate cool a little before dipping the bananas.
Makes 8 half bananas
We like to sprinkle the chocolate-coated bananas with chopped peanuts, but feel free to substitute sprinkles, crushed cookies, or shredded coconut. For the best results, use very firm, slightly underripe bananas.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists