Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
From Cook's Country
This traditional (European) chocolate buttercream frosting recipe is made by heating eggs and sugar over a pan of simmering water, then removing from the heat and whipping in butter. If it becomes runny, simply plunge the bowl of frosting into ice water and whisk the buttercream until it has thickened. If, on the other hand, the frosting appears curdled, wrap a hot water-soaked towel around the bowl to warm it and whisk the mixture until smooth. We used whole eggs, whipped until airy, to give our chocolate buttercream frosting recipe a light, satiny-smooth texture that melts on the tongue.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists