Chickpea-Avocado Fresh Corn Salad
From Cook's Country
Corn tossed with fresh tomatoes and a bright vinaigrette seems basic, but bland corn, limp tomatoes, and watery dressing reared their heads. To prevent the tomatoes from flooding the dressing with weepy juices, we first salted and drained them. Next, we toasted the corn for nutty depth and transferred it to the zippy dressing while it was still warm to soak up flavor. Finally, we stirred the tomatoes into the cool mixture to sit just until the flavors melded.
Serves 4 to 6
Don’t add the tomatoes to the toasted corn until it is cool, as the heat from the corn will partially cook the tomatoes.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists