Chicken with Caramelized Pearl Onions and Almonds
From Cook's Country
Bone-in chicken breasts provided more flavor than their boneless counterparts in our Chicken with Caramelized Pearl Onions and Almonds recipe. Instead of fresh pearl onions, we used frozen ones. Peeling fresh pearl onions is difficult and time-consuming; the frozen variety came prepeeled. Parcooking the onions in the microwave and then coating them in brown sugar allowed them to caramelize in just a few minutes.
To facilitate browning, make sure the onions are thoroughly drained after microwaving in step 2.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists