Chicken and Rice with Spring Vegetables
From Cook's Country
Our Chicken and Rice with Spring Vegetables recipe is a one-pot dish that should be a part of every cook’s weeknight repertoire. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked up moist and juicy, and proved to be less greasy than their skin-on, bone-in counterparts—as long as we removed them from the pot when the rice was halfway done cooking. Adding orzo to our Chicken and Rice with Spring Vegetables recipe improved taste and texture. It cooked at exactly the same rate as the rice and, when dry-toasted first to a deep caramel color, gave the dish a welcome earthy taste.
The rice will cook unevenly if the pot is uncovered for too long, so work quickly in step 3.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists