From Cook's Country
Chicken, grapes, and tarragon may sound like a dubious combination, but we were determined to make a tasty version of this classic French dish. We pound chicken breasts to an even thinness and sauté them in butter to develop flavorful fond. Then we build a simple, subtly flavored sauce with shallots, cream, and wine and thicken it to a silky consistency with a cornstarch slurry. Halved green grapes, tarragon, and lemon juice are added right at the end for a complex, elegant, yet no-fuss dish.
Chicken breasts larger than 6 ounces will require longer cooking in step 2.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists