From Cook's Country
A well-loved Italian restaurant classic, Chicken Marsala seems simple enough, yet many recipes result in chewy, dry, or slimy chicken in a sickeningly sweet sauce. We wanted a foolproof recipe, so we cut the Marsala wine with chicken stock, which gave us a sauce that was sweet but not saccharine. To prevent the browned mushrooms from absorbing too much liquid and becoming limp and soggy, we added them to the sauce at the last minute. This step also prevented them from absorbing too much alcohol and tasting “boozy."
Look for cutlets that are between 1/4" and 1/2" thick.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists