Chicken Bonne Femme
From Cook's Country
Braising the chicken and potatoes in liquid instead of frying them allowed us to sear the chicken, cook the potatoes, and build a sauce for our Chicken Bonne Femme all in the same pot. This cut down on cleanup and also streamlined the cooking process. By browning the thighs skin on and then removing the skin before braising, we could impart flavor to the dish without worrying about the flabby skin that is often a side effect of braising. A simple sauce of dry white wine, chicken broth, onion, garlic, thyme, hot sauce, scallions, and parsley finished off our recipe.
Serves 4 to 6
To ensure even cooking and browning, use baby red potatoes no larger than 1 1/2 inches round.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists