Cherry Tomato and Onion Salad
From Cook's Country
The combination of cherry tomatoes and onions makes a perfect summer salad, as long as the tomatoes don’t become watery and the onion isn’t too harsh. For our Cherry Tomato and Onion Salad recipe, we found that halving and salting the tomatoes and discarding the liquid they exuded kept the salad from turning watery. Heating the chopped onion briefly in olive oil softened its flavor and texture, and the resulting onion-infused olive oil made the perfect mild vinaigrette for our Cherry Tomato and Onion Salad.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists