From Cook's Country
Rather than prepare a complicated filling from scratch for these Cherry Tarts, we found canned cherry preserves provided the ideal consistency and flavor. To ensure the cookies had substantial heft to hold up to the preserves, we combined two dough rounds for each tart to sandwich in the filling. Crimping the edges with a fork ensured our tarts didn't disintegrate the moment we took a bite.
Makes about 18 large cookies
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists