Cheesy Potato Casserole
From Cook's Country
When developing our Cheesy Potato Casserole recipe, we wanted a foolproof method for perfect scalloped potatoes. Topping the potatoes with pieces of torn sandwich bread helped absorb the cheese sauce and toasted far crisper than potatoes ever would. For a savory, not-too-rich sauce, we blended heavy cream with chicken broth. We sprinkled half the Swiss and Parmesan cheese blend in the middle of the casserole, then scattered the remainder on top. The Swiss cheese melted smoothly, while the Parmesan added potent flavor. For complete flavor, we liberally seasoned the cheesy potato casserole with fresh thyme, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
Serves 8 to 10
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists