From Cook's Country
King’s Food Host, a popular restaurant chain in the '60s, won many devotees with Cheese Frenchees. For the crunchy coating, we opted for Ritz crackers, which fried up nice and crunchy. It was important to refrigerate the sandwich quarters after we spread the mayonnaise on the slices and coated them with the crackers. This gave them time to set.
This recipe didn't specify a brand of cracker, but we like Ritz here. Try dipping the sandwiches in ketchup—a Frenchee fanatic told us that's how she ate them growing up in Oklahoma.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists