Cheddar and Salsa Pigs in a Blanket
From Cook's Country
A cream-biscuit crust was a quick solution for our Cheddar and Salsa Pigs in a Blanket, but it didn’t hold up in the freezer. Adding shortening to the dough helped it survive the drying effects of the freezer. Prior to rolling the dough, we brushed it with egg wash and lightly dredged the dogs in flour to keep the dough from unraveling in the oven. When wrapping the Cheddar and Salsa Pigs in a Blanket, we preferred to wrap full-size hot dogs in dough and then slice each into quarters to cut down on tedious prep work.
Makes 24 pieces
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists