Cheddar Cheese Rounds
From Cook's Country
The best versions of cheddar cheese rounds are flaky-crisp and pleasantly sandy—like tiny rounds of savory shortbread. The worst cheddar cheese rounds can be tough and floury and have little cheddar flavor. To avoid a floury taste, we cut back on the amount of flour in our Cheddar Cheese Rounds recipe, and replaced some of it with ground pecans. The moisture from the pecans made the cheddar cheese rounds slightly softer, so we added cornstarch to the dough, which gave the rounds a crisp, pleasantly shortbread texture to go along with their nutty, cheddary flavor.
Makes about 5 dozen
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists