From Cook's Country
This recipe submission to our America's Best Lost Recipes contest is essentially a new spin on slab or hand-held pies. Flaky pie dough is rolled into a rimmed baking sheet, layered with crumbled almond paste and a sweetened cherry and apple mixture, and topped with another sheet of dough. After baking, the pie gets another hit of almond with a drizzled glaze.
Makes 24 squares
You’ll need an 18 by 13-inch rimmed nonstick baking sheet. Use almond paste, not marzipan (which is sweeter and smoother).
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists