Catalina Salad Dressing
From Cook's Country
To revive this vibrant-hued, once-classic condiment, we had to get far away from the bottled version. Even though the dressing is ketchup based, most recipes added cups of sugar. Once we reigned in the sweetness, the oniony bite took over. Using minced shallot instead of onion and microwaving it with a little oil mellowed its harsh flavor. With some unique flavorings—celery seed, chili powder—and a whiz in the blender, our Catalina dressing was ready for a comeback.
Makes 1 cup
Be sure to use celery seed, not celery salt, in this dressing.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists