Candy-Coated Caramel Apples
From Cook's Country
Candy bars with crunchy cookies, caramel, or toffee were the best match for our Candy-Coated Caramel Apples recipe. We chose smaller, tart apples for the best flavor and ratio of caramel to apple. Granny Smith or McIntosh apples provided a tart bite that cut through the richness of the caramel and candy. For the caramel coating, we melted together soft caramel candies and a little heavy cream, which enabled the caramel to coat the apples smoothly. We coated the apples with caramel by spooning the hot caramel over the apples. It flowed smoothly around the apple to make a thin, uniform layer.
Freezing the caramels for 10 minutes will make it easier to remove their wrapping.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists