Butterscotch Meringue Bars
From Cook's Country
We used the creaming method to develop structure and height in our Butterscotch Meringue Bars: Beat the butter and sugar together before adding the liquid and dry ingredients. For the meringue layer, we beat the egg whites until just glossy and stiff for the best-textured, lightest topping. Overbeating caused the whites to deflate and the top layer to be squat.
Makes 24 bars
We added even more butterscotch flavor to the cookie base by replacing the granulated sugar with light brown sugar. You will need one 12-ounce package of chocolate chips for this recipe.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists