Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
From Cook's Country
Cooking our Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes directly in buttermilk thinned with a little water helped them to soak up the flavor. As the potatoes cooked, the buttermilk began to separate, but once we mashed the potatoes, the problem disappeared. Simmering the buttermilk dulled its flavor slightly. We found adding a little reserved buttermilk at the end brought back the missing tang.
Don’t be alarmed if the buttermilk looks separated. Once you mash in the potatoes, the puree comes together.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists