Buttered Carrots with Orange and Parsley
From Cook's Country
We abandoned delicate ribbons for our Buttered Carrots with Orange and Parsley (which were a little too labor-intensive for our tastes) and instead sliced the carrots into thin pieces. The large amount of butter in some recipes we tasted resulted in greasy carrots. By cutting back just a little, we eliminated any greasiness.
Reducing the liquid exuded from the carrots on the stovetop concentrated its flavor. As an unexpected bonus, the milk solids in the butter began to brown, which added a nutty, caramelized dimension to the dish.
Serves 6 to 8
Slice the carrots as evenly as you can so they cook at the same rate.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists