From Cook's Country
Cutting our Butter-Roasted Potatoes into slices instead of chunks ensured that they had optimal surface area for browning. Precooking the slices in simmering water drew starch to the surface, which facilitated browning and reduced the roasting time. Allowing the precooked slices to “marinate” in browned butter infused them throughout with sweet, nutty flavor.
Serves 6 to 8
Keep a close eye on the butter as it browns--it can go from golden to scorched in seconds.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists