From Cook's Country
For this simple vegetable side, we wanted maximum buttery flavor without going over the top—some recipes call for as many as two sticks of the stuff. Tests proved that just a tablespoon of butter whisked into the braising liquid (chicken broth) was enough to impart richness, and 3 additional tablespoons, thinned out with more braising liquid at the end, made a silky sauce that coated the cooked vegetables. Carrots, Brussels sprouts, and radishes (unexpected but delicious) are the base of this hearty side, and a sprinkling of chives freshens the whole thing up.
Look for Brussels sprouts slightly smaller than golf balls; if using smaller sprouts, you may want to halve them.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists