Burgundy Pot Roast
From Cook's Country
For a boeuf bourguignon–inspired pot roast, we enhance a simple chuck-eye roast with a silky red wine sauce and buttery vegetable garnish. Removing fat from the meat before cooking staves off greasy sauce, and cutting the roast into two smaller portions gives more surface area for browning. Oven-braising turns this inexpensive cut into a fork-tender holiday roast. Cooking the pearl onions and button mushrooms separately helps them retain their flavor, and fresh parsley brightens them up even more.
Serves 6 to 8
Use a dry red wine, such as Burgundy or Côtes du Rhône. Don’t thaw the pearl onions before cooking.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists