Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Almonds
From Cook's Country
Mushy, overcooked Brussels sprouts are all too often the castoff of the holiday buffet. To get perfectly tender sprouts with a golden-brown exterior, we started by simmering them in water and butter. Once they’d softened and the water had evaporated, we cranked up the heat and let them brown and finish cooking in the butter. Salt, pepper, and fresh thyme seasoned the sprouts simply, while sweet and savory add-ins elevated the dish.
Serves 6 to 8
Any sweet apple variety will work. Choose sprouts that are similar in size, and test for doneness once the water has cooked off in step 2. If they are still hard, add 1⁄4 cup of water and continue to cook.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists