Brown-Sugar-Glazed Winter Squash
From Cook's Country
For our Brown Sugar-Glazed Winter Squash recipe, we started the squash cut-side down on a preheated baking sheet in a hot oven. The preheated sheet prevented the squash from sticking, and gave it a jump-start. Once it was tender, we turned the squash cut-side up, brushed it liberally with a sweet, brown sugar glaze, and broiled it. The browned glaze brought out the best in the winter squash and added textural contrast to the creamy flesh.
Serves 4 to 6
Don’t mix the brown sugar and butter ahead of time; it will crystallize and separate. Butternut squash can be stringy when undercooked, so if you’re not sure, err on the side of overcooking.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists