Brown-Sugar Berry Shortcakes
From Cook's Country
We wanted a Brown-Sugar Berry Shortcakes recipe that combined sweet-tart berries, airy whipped cream, and tender biscuits. Including sour cream in our recipe and treating the batter gently lent our biscuits a tanginess and tender crumb that perfectly complemented the berries. And for earthy flavor that paired well with the berries in our recipe, we used brown sugar to flavor our shortcakes, topping, and fruit.
Depending on the sweetness of the berries, you may have to use more or less brown sugar. If you don’t have a large ice cream scoop, divide the dough into six equal portions and use your hands to form shortcakes in a rough semispherical shape.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists