Bratwurst and Sauerkraut
We wanted to keep our Bratwurst and Sauerkraut recipe simple, while giving packaged sauerkraut a big boost of flavor. We used the same skillet to brown the bratwurst and cook the sauerkraut. Simmering the bratwurst in the sauerkraut allowed the juices and flavors to mingle. Sliced onion, grated carrot, and apple added flavor and texture, while pine-flavored juniper berries gave the dish a classic touch.
Either mashed or boiled potatoes makes an ideal accompaniment to this classic German dish.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists