Braised Hearty Greens
From Cook's Country
We wanted a one-pot hearty greens recipe with no parcooking. To achieve this, we cooked half of the greens with a little bit of liquid before adding the rest and then covered the pot. When the greens had almost the tender-firm texture we wanted, we removed the lid to allow the liquid to cook off. The result: a winter greens recipe that highlights the greens’ cabbagelike flavor and firm texture.
Serves 4 to 6
Don’t be alarmed by the giant mound of greens. They wilt significantly when cooked. Collards may need a few extra minutes of covered cooking in step 1.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists