From Cook's Country
The best bourbon bread pudding recipes feature a rich custard, tender bread, and sweet bourbon sauce. For a version to pair with our New Orleans Bourbon Bread Pudding recipe, we only needed about a tablespoon of bourbon. It lent the sauce a New Orleans taste that was not overly boozy. We also enjoyed leftover sauce drizzled over ice cream (for adults only!).
Makes about 1 cup
Bourbon Sauce is traditionally drizzled over portions of bread pudding in New Orleans. It's potent stuff, so just a tablespoon per serving is enough. Leftover sauce is good over ice cream—for adults only.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists