Boston Cream Cupcakes
From Cook's Country
We wanted a Boston Cream Cupcakes recipe that produced cupcakes with big chocolate flavor and a smooth, creamy center—but none of the artificial, bland flavors characteristic of most Boston cream cupcake recipes. For our recipe, we used the reverse creaming method to achieve tender, close-crumbed cupcakes, then filled them with cream through a cone-shaped hole in the top of the cupcakes. Our chocolate glaze, which clung tightly to the tops of the cupcakes thanks to light corn syrup, covered any evidence of the holes.
Bake the cupcakes in a greased and floured muffin tin rather than paper cupcake liners so the chocolate glaze can run down the sides of the cooled cakes.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists