Boston Baked Beans For a Slow Cooker
From Cook's Country
For our Boston Baked Beans for a Slow Cooker recipe, we started by soaking dried beans overnight and parboiling the beans on the stovetop with a little baking soda to soften them. Browning the salt pork and onion intensified their flavor. We covered the beans with a sheet of aluminum foil in the slow cooker to contain as much heat as possible. For the best results, we kept the flavorings simple: brown sugar, molasses, Dijon mustard, and cider vinegar. We added a little molasses, mustard, and vinegar after the beans were cooked for the cleanest flavor.
Serves 4 to 6
Don't use dark or blackstrap molasses, which will become bitter tasting in the slow cooker.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists