Blueberry Boy Bait
From Cook's Country
Topped with cinnamon sugar and loaded with blueberries, Blueberry Boy Bait straddles the divide between coffee cake and dessert cake. We liked the original Pillsbury recipe, but we wanted our Blueberry Boy Bait recipe to have even deeper flavor. To achieve this, we replaced the shortening in the original recipe with butter, and half of the granulated sugar with brown sugar. And to boost the fruit flavor, we doubled the amount of blueberries, putting half into the cake batter and half on top.
If using frozen blueberries, do not let them thaw, as they will turn the batter a blue-green color.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists