From Cook's Country
Black-bottom cupcakes are best known—and loved—for their creamy cheesecake centers. Dutch-processed cocoa gave our Black-Bottom Cupcakes recipe a boost, and sour cream accentuated the chocolate flavor and added richness. Black-bottom cupcakes are usually made with oil, but we used melted butter instead to make our cupcakes dense and fudgy. It also gave them enough structure to support the cheesecake filling, which we made with sour cream and two egg whites for moisture.
Do not substitute regular chocolate chips for the miniature chips. Regular chips are much heavier and will sink to the bottom of the cupcakes.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists