Beet, Apple, and Walnut Salad
From Cook's Country
In this Beet, Apple, and Walnut Salad recipe, we found that roasting the beets gave them the sweetest, deepest flavor. We prevented the apples in the recipe from browning after being sliced by simply rubbing them with a little lemon juice. And walnuts lent the Beet, Apple, and Walnut Salad a slight bitterness—but they are high in fat and burn quickly when toasting. To prevent this, we stirred them frequently and paid close attention to them as they toasted.
Serves 4 to 6
To decrease your preparation time, roast and dice the beets the day before and refrigerate them in an airtight container.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists