From Cook's Country
To pump up the flavors of the braising liquid in our Beer-Braised Cabbage, we chose a light-bodied lager. We also used beer-complementing ingredients like sautéed onion, mustard, vinegar, and thyme. To ensure the cabbage didn’t overcook from extended simmering, we simmered the braising liquid until slightly thickened before adding the cabbage.
You can substitute ¼ teaspoon of dried thyme for the fresh. This hearty side dish is a nice complement for pork.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists