From Cook's Country
To make big, overstuffed, restaurant-style burritos at home, we decided to trade long-braised meat for a simple ground-beef-and-canned-bean filling. We rely on tomato paste, spices, and lime juice to bump up the flavor, and mashing a portion of the beans helps the filling hold together. White rice (cooked in chicken broth for more flavor), sour cream, and sharp cheddar cheese round out the filling, and to eliminate the doughy texture and floury taste of store-bought tortillas, we sprinkle on some more cheese and broil the burritos after rolling them up.
Makes 6 burritos
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists