Beef Barley Soup with Mushrooms
From Cook's Country
Beef barley soup recipes benefit from leftover meat and gravy from our Country-Style Pot Roast with Gravy recipe. Thinning the gravy with water created a soup-like broth. We also found that a little barley goes a long way in this beef barley soup recipe. Barley swells dramatically as it cooks, so we only needed a small amount for an entire pot of our Beef Barley Soup with Mushrooms.
Serves 6 to 8
Leftover gravy from the Country-Style Pot Roast recipe creates an intensely flavored broth for this soup.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists