Barberton Fried Chicken
From Cook's Country
We bring this Barberton, Ohio, restaurant star home by brining the chicken and breading it with flour, egg, and finely ground Japanese-style panko bread crumbs. Not only does store-bought panko save the time of preparing fresh bread crumbs, but it yields a crackingly crisp crust. While we didn’t use lard alone to fry the chicken as they do in Barberton, we found that a small amount of it nicely seasoned the meat. And don’t forget a dip in the stewed pepper and tomato “hot sauce.”
Serves 4 to 6
If using breasts, halve crosswise for even cooking. Wings require about 10 minutes of frying. If you can't find lard, use 2 cups extra peanut oil or vegetable oil.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists