Baked Pork Chops with Parmesan-Sage Crust
From Cook's Country
Center-cut, bone-in pork chops worked best in our recipe for Baked Pork Chops with Parmesan-Sage Crust. The bone added valuable flavor to the meat and prevented it from drying out. We added even more flavor by incorporating grated Parmesan, mayonnaise, chopped fresh sage, salt, and pepper into the crumb coating. Instead of using water to adhere the crumbs to the meat, which inevitably delivered soggy crumbs, we use mayonnaise—with a bit of Dijon mustard for a kick and lemon juice and zest for brightness—to “glue" the bread crumb mixture to the pork.
Adding 2 tablespoons mayonnaise to the crumb coating gives these baked chops a pan-fried crunch, minus the mess.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists