From Cook's Country
With a dish this simple, moist, flaky fish is a must. A low oven ensures that the fish comes up to temperature slowly, without overcooking or drying out. Crisp, buttery breadcrumbs infused with the flavors of garlic and fresh herbs get a head start in a skillet so they’re golden brown when the fish comes out of the oven. Finally, a mayonnaise “glue” fortified with an egg yolk adds rich flavor and makes sure our crumb topping stays put.
Haddock or halibut fillets are good alternatives to cod.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists