Baked Cod with Crunchy Lemon-Herb Topping
From Cook's Country
We wanted our Baked Cod with Crunchy Lemon-Herb Topping recipe to yield tender, flaky, flavorful fish covered with crispy, crunchy bread crumbs. For the crispest coating, we used crushed Ritz crackers glued to the fish with mayonnaise flavored with garlic, lemon juice, and lemon zest. When we baked the fish in a very hot oven, the coating crisped up nicely, and the fish cooked quickly without drying out.
Haddock, halibut, or bluefish fillets are good alternatives to cod. If some of the fish pieces are very thin, fold them in half to make thicker pieces. If you like, substitute dill or basil for the parsley.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists